One of the United Kingdom's largest custodial support services wanted to improve the quality of all aspects of their service obligations
We worked with one of the United Kingdom's largest custodial support services for the police, courts and prisons. The company employs 2,700 staff and processes and looks after 644,000 detainees annually
Our client wanted to improve the quality of all aspects of their custodial service obligations whilst seeking to improve the operational efficiencies of these processes.
How we helped
After an initial diagnostic review conducted at the request of senior management we were asked to assist our client with all aspects of their improvement programme. We designed and delivered a bespoke training package that focussed on the specific needs of their organisation and the problems they wished to address. Trainees were coached and supported from project identification through to the implementation of improvements and controls. Staff were certified as continuous improvement practitioners once projects had been successfully completed to the agreed standard.
Numerous projects were completed which delivered a 19 fold return on investment on subjects including:
• Reduce call volumes handled by control centre
• Improve prisoner complaints process
• Reduce time to recruit prison custody officers
• Reduce administration time of live scan fingerprinting
• Increase on time delivery of prisoners to courts
• Improve prisoner security in courts
• Improve medical service provided to detainees
If you would like to speak to us about our case studies ...